Saturday, December 25, 2010

Snow for Christmas

We actually traveled "home" for Christmas this year.  Yes, we celebrated Christmas at our real address.  We had fellowship and Christmas carols last night with Mr. Amazing's sister and her family.  Lots of fun playing with the nieces and getting up-ended as they "knocked you over!"  Christmas Day has been quiet with Mr. Amazing, Mom and Dad B. and the new book they got me for Christmas.

Thanks for praying for my tooth.  By the grace of God, a wonderful dentist in Dallas, an amazing staff at Pratt Family Practice, and great friends at my local pharmacy, I was able to pick up antibiotics before we left for Atlanta!  That's kept things from getting any worse and then I have an apt on Monday.

My verse for Christmas this year has been in Isaiah 7.  "Behold, the Lord Himself shall give you a sign.  Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

It's been a season about believing the Lord.  Ahaz, to whom this promise was given, was a prime example of NOT believing God, even after God had promised.  Yet God was still faithful to His promises.  God's been teaching me and enabling me to believe His promises too. :)

To top off the Christmas fun, guess what?!?  It's snowing!!!  Yep, this Kansas girl came to Georgia for Christmas and they're treating me to gorgeous snowfall!  Thanks, Georgia!
(eating snowflakes)

No comments: