Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Praise and Prayer!

Thanks for praying with us!  We've had some really good times of prayer and waiting upon the Lord in the last several days.  We don't have a definite answer on some of the things, but there is a renewed sense of peace that God will answer.

In the meantime, we've got several more adventures that popped up.  We're prepping for a two month road trip and leaving tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I've got a tooth that's fired up an infection in my lower jaw in the last two days.  My mouth/throat are swelling and it's getting a bit painful to swallow.  And since I react rather badly to some antibiotics and since my dentist is 300 miles away and we aren't planning on being through there for another month... yeah, we need to figure a couple of things out.  Or rather, we need God (who has already figured things out) to guide us in this and provide some answers.  And some healing.

On the joyous side of things, we took time from our crazy van packing to sing Christmas carols with my Grandmother this evening at the nursing home.  Several of my aunts and uncles were there along with my parents, two of my sisters, a brother-in-law, and an adorable niece!  C took pictures.  I'll have to get some from her. :)  As we were wrapping up, one of the nurse aides stopped by to see if we wanted any hot chocolate or anything!  She said some of the other residents had even turned off their TVs just to listen to us sing. :)  It was a good evening in the midst of stressful events.

No comments: