Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday Pickup

I sure didn't get my Sunday afternoon nap today. But after church this morning, I did get to eat lunch with some college friends and spend part of the afternoon conversing with them. I brought up home a whole (small) truck load full of stuff... the chair I'm sitting in, a cool floor lamp, a dresser, an oil painting of a European street, tool chest, curtains, picture frames, pillows, bed spread, and more... including a copy of Veggie Tales Madame Blueberry. I made a second trip out this afternoon to pick up a foundation (box springs like thing) for a twin bed. And I just got back from picking up a dresser for one of the interns to use. I think I'll be a little sore tomorrow.

So here's the puzzle. The iron and ironing board went with my roommates to their new apartment. I picked up a really nice ironing board at a yardsale on Saturday for $5. Now I need an iron. Do I go shopping for one? Or is there one coming via God-delivery?

Either way--you play a part. Your prayers (for the God-delivery) or your financial support (for the purchase) are a big part of me getting an iron.

I'm so glad God cares about the little things in our life too.

No comments: