Tuesday, July 05, 2005

RTR - House and Provisions

So much has happened in the past week and I didn't blog about any of it. Gospel for Asia hosted their very first missions conference, we leased another house for the interns, and we celebrated America's Independence Day.

A few highlights... three of our leaders from the Asian subcontinent were here for the missions conference. I would love to tell you the stories they told us, but unfortunately, I can't post them on the web. You'll have to call me and I'll tell you a few over the phone. I didn't get to participate in all the sessions of the conference, but I enjoyed talking with just a few of the 160 pastors and missions leaders who did. I was challenged as they told me of their burden to fast and pray for the lost world and how God wants them to be a part.

PTL! NN signed a lease on a house for the guys to live in for this year's internship program. It's right next door to one of our leaders and everyone is excited.

It's fun to see how the Lord is providing everything I need for my house here. You see, after my roommates leave, I will have no living room furniture, no kitchen table or chairs, no plates, no silverware, no cutting knives, no pots, no pans, no washer or dryer, no iron or ironing board...

But... the people who own our current washer and dryer decided that they didn't want to take them back, so they're donating them to us. One lady donated a crockpot, and then an ice chest, and then a whole set of Corelle plates, saucers, bowls, and mugs. On the way to work this morning, I found a table and chairs by the edge of the road in excellent condition. By 8:10, they were sitting in my garage waiting for future use. I got a call from a local college friend today saying they have chairs and drawers and a lamp for us. I'll pick that up tomorrow night.

I'm just waiting to see what God does next...

No comments: