Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I was a little startled this morning when I glanced out of the office window and saw a truck and trailer with the Texas Baptist Men logo emblazoned clearly on the side. The Texas Baptist Men (TBM) name became familiar to me when they decided to work hand in hand with GFA during the tsunami relief efforts. They worked hand in hand with our native missionaries in devastated Sri Lanka and even now are working to rebuild [checks internet]... AH! I can't publish that.

So why were they at the GFA office today? We weren't exactly a disaster site. Then again, maybe we are. My question was answered about an hour later when our Development Coordinator stopped in our office. "The Texas Baptist Men are fixing lunch for our office staff today from 11:30 to 1:30. If anyone is available to eat now, we going to gather and pray." We gathered and prayed, I collected my bread bowl and beef and vegetable stew and dessert, and I sat down to visit with ones of the wives on the TBM team.

Lunch. An act of kindness that meant the world to our GFA staff. Most of us had never met these people. And we may never again. But today's act, reaching out in love, has cemented us together and encouraged both teams of people to continue on in the battle.

GFA Core Value #10: Working in partnership with the Body of Christ.

No comments: