Friday, May 14, 2004

I just got back from my first rodeo. Isn't it crazy? I grew up in Kansas so close to ranching and rodeo country, but never visited a rodeo until I came to Dallas. We visited the Mesquite Rodeo and took the Asian leaders with us for them to see. The brothers from the field were quite suprised when the rodeo started by having everyone stand for the invocation--praying in the name of Jesus. The Mesquite Rodeo focuses on clean family fun. And it was fun. And much like I expected.

Prayer request: We're trying to figure some dates in IT. All of us have reasons to be gone at the same time and we can't all go where we want. I was looking forward to attending ICCM this year, but just found out today that's it's probably not a possibility for me since I will be spending time in KS the week after that.

Pray that I will have the grace to accept whatever is decided without any sad feelings or regrets or "what ifs."

No comments: