Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I Remember Forgetting That

1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

A student in the GFA School of Discipleship reminded me through a recent blog post of what sometimes happen after we ask God to forgive us.  From the blog:

...often we go before God and ask Him “How can You love me when I have done this sin?”  ...God just looks at us and says “Why are you bringing that up again?  I distinctly remember forgetting that.”
I worked with this discipleship program for over 4 years and even though I don't get to be there in person any more, I love to read about what the students are learning.  You can read more student reflections for yourself here: http://disciple365.org/.

But praise God we don't have to be in a discipleship program for God to be teaching us!  What has God been teaching you recently?

No comments: