Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waking up in Kansas

I've been lying here awake for the last half hour, remembering why I like waking up in Kansas and simply enjoying...
  • the light and sound flooding in the upstairs windows
  • the feel of the great-grandmother's quilt tucked in around me
  • the cool breeze coming through the open window
  • the constant hum of the hallway box fan
  • the cock-a-doodle-doo of the distant neighbor's roosters
  • the melody of birds in the trees
  • the lack of sound of cars driving by on Hebron
  • watching Ginger the cat bird-watching on the window sill (This one wouldn't have been on my list before. There was no indoor cat.)
I've got to get a move on now. Susan and I head to KC today to spend some time with her bridesmaids. Her wedding on the 6th of June is coming up quickly! So, good morning to you! And may your morning be blessed!

(I love you, Greg!)

2 comments:

rivergreg said...

I love you too, Dorinda!

Ellie C said...

is that gonna be your new signature!