Thursday, February 19, 2009

IT - We're still human

I did my regular Thursday Morning IT Training today. I wasn't really excited about the topic since we were just covering Internet Explorer favorites, but I did get a couple semi-cool tips ready.

But things went south quickly. I had only tested on my laptop and apparently some settings are different for everyone else's computers - including the one I was training on. None of my tips were working. Amid much laughter and oops and a bright red face, I closed the training fairly quickly.

Quote from one staff person afterwards, "Thanks, Dorinda. I really liked the training this morning. It's really good to see the human side of IT every once in a while. It makes feel a lot better about myself."

I think I got more comments on today's training than on any other training in the last four years. At least I can laugh at myself.

No comments: