Saturday, January 03, 2009

Dreams

Watching the sunset tends to cause me to wax poetical. Or sentimental? Idealistic? Something. The sunset and wind in my face also make me want to dream of all the things I want to do - dreams of rafting the Grand Canyon and backpacking the Appalachian Trail and getting my motorcycle license (stop laughing!!!).

But I want my desires to match up with God's desires. I don't know what all those are yet and I definitely don't know His timing. And in light of God's desires, my dreams aren't really that important.

As I watched the sunset this evening, I once again told God that my life is His. It's not my own. And He can do what he wants with it. And it's okay.

Trust. Surrender. Submit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of those things would be fun....some of them are more fun to just dream about.

D said...

You think so, Laura? Yeah, you're probably right. When I get my motorcycle license, I'll come take you for a ride. :) (j/k)