Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Rainbow

We watched from the front yard this evening as the storm moved closer. The lightening and thunder and building clouds delighted us all and the cooler temperatures felt in a sudden breeze brought a sigh of delight. We were only on the fringes of the storm, watching the sunset through the falling rain and marveling at the fully-visible rainbow in the east.

I spent about four hours on the tractor today, trying to remember how to plow with the larger, clumsier equipment. And listening to R.C. Sproul, Focus on the Family, Walk in the Word, and the random assortment of country songs. I didn't want to allow myself too much time alone with my thoughts. I did spend some time praying, "Oh God, Help me!" There was a strong correlation between the amount of praying, the speed of the tractor, and the proximity of the surrounding fence.

The cooler temperatures encouraged walks with my mother and sisters after supper. Then we all settled in the living room: reading good books, playing Rack-o, giving/receiving back rubs, and chuckling over the wildlife stories of Patrick McManus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your having a good trip home, working & playing with the fam. Have a great time. God bless.