Sunday, February 17, 2008

10 days later

My computer battery just said it's about to die, so this may be shorter than I planned.

We had a great time at Mission Arlington last weekend -- we handed out fliers door to door inviting people to attend a free Valentine Dinner. It was a pleasure to hand these out because I knew that the Gospel would be shared with each person that attended. Even as we handed out the fliers to the apartment residents, they were already commenting how much the Mission Arlington staff and family has meant to them. Praise God for this ministry that is planting churches and discipling new believers right here in the US!

Jes and Cas are doing well as the internship starts. Caz is still delayed, so you can pray for her soon arrival. These next two weeks will be busy for us. Between prayer meeting and classes, we're usually at the office from about 8 to 5:30. Plus evening stuff these next few weeks...

Monday Night: House Meeting
Tuesday Night: GFA Prayer Meeting
Wednesday Night: House Bible Study
Thursday Night: Special speaker at GFA.
Friday Night: House cleaning and grocery shopping
Saturday: All day at Challenge Course
Sunday: Free!
Monday Night: House Meeting
Tuesday Night: GFA Prayer Meeting
Wednesday Night: House Bible Study
Thursday Night: Free?
Friday Night/Saturday: Weekend (as a house) to spend in prayer/solitude.

Thanks for all your prayers! I'm so grateful when I picture your faces and know you are praying for me. I can't really express it in a blog - maybe I should call you. =)

This morning at church, I was hit by a wave of "me-ism." I've been doing that a lot recently--allowing myself to get tied up my own wants and thoughts, even when I know the Lord's promises. Right on cue, Aubrey and the worship team started into the song "Lead Me to the Cross." I needed the chorus:
Lead me to the cross
where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord, I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
O lead me,
lead me to the cross.

No comments: