Friday, July 13, 2007

Spiritual Warfare

Contrary to my emotions in my post a couple days ago, it's not just me. I've ended up in numerous conversations with various people on our office staff, each of whom have shared with me their recent "sudden" struggle with past issues, anxiety, faith, trusting God... It's not just me having a bad day. There's too many "coincidences" for that. I can see in the eyes of my co-workers, friends, and interns. There's a battle going on. I don't know what you believe about spiritual warfare, but I believe that some of us at the ministry are in a more intense battle than usual.

2 Cor 2:11. Paul is talking about forgiving people, lest Satan should get an advantage of us, for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Pray - that we would be in the Word, using it as a sword against the enemy, discerning the truth and the lies/emotions. Pray that we would praise. For God inherits the praises of His people (Ps 22:3). And through praising Him, victories are won (2 Chron 20:21-22).

The end truth? 2 Cor 2:14. Now thanks be unto God which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

*reads back over the post* - I think I sound slightly off the wall, but I'm unsure how better to explain what is on my heart and what the Lord has been reminding me of without writing a three page post. I am tired, probably complicating this post, but I am determined to fight. and praise.

1 comment:

4xGraceRUSaved said...

You are not off the wall. You are right on, and if we would be more alert, aware, or perceptive, I would venture to guess that we would ask for prayer against spiritual warfare more often.
Thanks for your comments RE: my blog referring to GFA and my reading of KP's book.
I think it would be appropriate to have someone speak to our church RE: GFA. Feel free to contact me via email @ ebrewer@uniqueorigin.com