Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fun and timing

I spent this evening biking around White Rock Lake in Dallas with Rach. We enjoyed the weather and the view and the exercise and had a lot fun. We ended our evening with a 9pm supper at Raisin' Cane's Chicken Fingers.

The Lord opened up an opportunity for me to simply hand a bottle of cold water and a tract to a young lady today. I met Nina as her car was parked underneath a shade tree near the office. She was without a place to live and going through some challenges in life. I couldn't do much more than give the cold water and a tract in His name. When I spoke to her later, she was almost in tears, thanking me for the tract.

"I've always thought of myself as a person with a good heart," she shared. "But this tract made it clear that that isn't enough. I can't get away from its message. I even looked up the verses it was talking about in the Bible I have. " She pointed to a small, green Gideon's New Testament in the seat beside her.

I was only at the office today because I didn't clean the 2nd South bathroom yesterday. And I was hoping to clean it this morning, not late this afternoon. But God's timing is perfect.

No comments: