Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mundo de Fe --> Church of Faith

I spent over an hour today, conversing with a Hispanic lady in the mall about Jesus, salvation, and heaven and hell. She believed that the Bible was true, but didn't believe that anyone could ever have a personal relationship with God. Having been raised Roman Catholic and then Jehovah's Witness, I could understand her being a little confused. She told me she was currently attending a church called "Mundo de Fe." My Spanish is pathetic, so she translated it into "World of Faith." Except I misunderstood her and thought she said, "World of Fate." Hmm, I thought. I'm really not sure what kind of teaching she is getting. You can pray for Ricki.

I stopped by the internet this evening to check out the church. Wouldn't you know it, their website was in Spanish. So I called on my faithful Google translator to translate the "creemos" into English for me. It did well enough for me to see it's a Bible-based church, but I must admit that I laughed out loud when Google translated part into believing for "the resurrection of the bran for eternal life--the lost for eternal condemnation and..."

Made me think I needed to eat more bran muffins.

No comments: