Friday, September 23, 2005

Hurricane Rita

We took a few minutes this evening after a long week at the office to play 45 minutes of soccer at a local elementary school field. I must admit, I missed a couple passes (is that what you call them?) since I was watching the sky. You could see the line of the clouds ahead of Hurricane Rita slowly moving up from the south. I watched the news tonight and it looks like Carrollton will only be getting rain from a wandering scattered shower.

It makes me think...Bangladesh and east coast of India have been hit by cyclones and storms this week. 58 dead in Andhra Pradesh state and over 200,000 homeless. More than 30 Bangladeshi fisherman were killed and an earlier report mentions over 600 fishermen missing.

We've been spending quite a bit of time in prayer at GFA--specifically for Hurricane Katrina refugees and Hurricane Rita. And although we feel a bit helpless at times, we're doing the most we can.

No comments: