Thursday, September 16, 2004

My sin--O the bless of this glorious thought
My sin, not in part, but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend.
"Even so"--it is well with my soul.

We sang the old hyms tonight at ladies' meeting. And oh, the joy that floods my soul. Something happened and now I know-- He touched me and made me whole.

It was a wonderful time of simply being refreshed and letting the words of the hyms soak into my heart. It seemed a gift from God to refill my spirit. Auntie Gisela followed the hymns with teaching on grace. When we mess up Plan A, God, in his grace, offers Plan B. And C. And D. And E. And F. And G. And...

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know.
Yet from our hearts, a song of triumph pealing:
"We rest on Thee and in Thy Name we go."

No comments: