Sunday, June 20, 2004

I'm here again for three days and then I'll be gone to Illinois for two weeks getting dental work done. I'm not sure what kind of computer access I'll have there... we'll see.

Story from KS: My Calif. friend and I were at the Farmers Co-op fueling up the farm truck when a local guy (who I didn't know personally) stopped and talked to me. He had a question for my father about harvesting oats and I agreed to pass the question on. At the end of the conversation, the local guy asked, "What's your name again?" "Dorinda." "Lorinda?" "DORinda." "DORinda... how old are you?" "24" "Are you single?" "Yes." "Oh, we'll fix that," he said, and got in his truck (where his daughter was waiting for him) and drove off. It was quiet as my Calif. friend and I got back in our truck. "Don't worry," I said to her. "That doesn't happen all the time." After that, we laughed and laughed.

Thought from tonight's prayer time: We were discussing how God chooses to use us to reach the lost world. Anything is possible with God. He could just say the word and make all of them Christians. Quote E: "Sometimes I wonder why India can't reach their own people without America's help. But for some reason God seems to like this partnership thing."

How are you partnering with God?

No comments: