Saturday, May 29, 2004

Second thought: If you happen to be reading this blog and you are one of perhaps six people in the world who has never seen Star Wars, DO NOT watch the movie with 20+ people who have seen it mutiple times. Somehow, arrange a private viewing. And don't read the rest of this blog. It gives it all away.

Before we reached the 30 minute mark in the first movie, I had already been informed that Ben was Obi Wan Kenobi (or however you spell it) and that Pricess Lei was Luke's sister. Of course, since the incorrect quote, "Luke, I am your father." is now a cultural catch-phrase, I knew the Darth Vader connection before I even went into the movie.

Some of the people in the room were talking about how impressed they were when the movies originally came out in the theatre. Aren't you impressed, Dorinda? they asked. Isn't it awesome?

Last week, I heard a discussion about how whiney Luke is. Sure enough, every time Luke whined, I heard it in stereo--from about 20 different mouths. And I never actually heard the famous dialog between Darth Vader and Luke last night. All I could hear was the 20+ voices quoting the lines.

Talk about surround sound.

No comments: