Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It's still Wednesday to me (12:21am). Yesterday seems so long ago.

Today started with breakfast with my cousins and with Bro. LC. Stop by the maxmissions.com website. See the picture of the brother that is doing the baptism? I ate breakfast with him this morning. He looked at the pancakes and said: "What is this?"

This evening was "Fun Night." There were skits and songs and parodies--nothing serious allowed. I did a skit (What a Steal) and helped with the square dance exhibition.

"The what?" you ask. The square dance exhibition. When our staff go to India, they are always shown tribal dances by the local people. So someone in the US office came up with the bright idea of doing square dancing for the brothers to see. We had three sets. Out of those 24 people, six of us had done square dancing before. Out of those 24 people, three were men/boys. I wore a full denim skirt (although I had no can-can slip) and borrowed a frilly western blouse. It was a great hit.

We had snacks at Braum's afterwards with members of the our Canadian staff. I was driving four teenage girls home after the Braums... I think we counted five Chinese fire drills on the way home?

But more special than the ice cream and laughter was the opportunity I had to converse with Bro. LC (central India), Bro. JG (Bihar), and Bro. J (Gujarat).

Real people. Real work. Real prayer needs.

It was a fun, full day.

No comments: