Saturday, March 03, 2012

Quiet Saturday Morning

Mood: Quiet, contemplative.
Location: Local coffee shop while Mr. A is at the monthly men's breakfast at church.
Drink: Chai latte. :)
Book: A Woman After God's Own Heart.
Music: Gungor, of all things.  I hadn't listened to any of their music in recent years. I personally visited with Michael and Lisa Gungor back in 2003 a couple times and got to hear some of their heart and see them off the stage. Makes me hear music differently when I've talked to the authors/artists.
Baby status: Moving quite firmly. My entire stomach rearranges every time he moves. :)

Just a quiet morning away from the distractions of the house and the office (and mostly away from the distractions of the computer).  It's been a hectic many weeks, so it's good to get some down time where office work and packing boxes aren't staring me in the face.  Just a cup of chai and the mountains.
(my coffee shop window view)

I've been working on digging back into the Word and prayer during regular quiet times this week.  It's been a good reminder of how much more aware I am of God's presence when I'm regularly spending time with Him.  But yesterday was a reminder that not all days are characterized by that heightened awareness.  Some days we get to live by faith, not by sight (or emotions).  And walking through those moments by faith (even when we don't feel like it) strengthen our spiritual muscles.  I think I lost some skirmishes yesterday, but ended up winning the battle. mostly.  So thankful for Mr A who was an example to me last night of God's faithfulness to us.  God's faithful even when we're not perfect in fighting the battles. :)

Recent quote enjoyed: Every believer may and must have his time when he is indeed himself alone with God. Oh, the thought to have God all alone to myself, and to know that God has me all alone to Himself! - Mrs. Charles Cowman, Streams in the Desert.  (Quoted in Woman After God's Own Heart)

No comments: