Friday, February 10, 2012

New House - WHAT?????

Wow - I've had so much to blog recently and so little time.  Between returning from a road trip, buying a house, packing, cleaning, moving, LightSys work, Spring Break Code-a-Thon prep, and ICCM prep, we've been just a bit busy.

Moving day is officially Sunday, but tonight is the first night to sleep in our new house.  Mother had packed up and moved so many kitchen things today that I said, "Let's just stay here tonight."  So we are. :)  Sleeping bags, sleeping mats, and a make-shift bedroom window curtain.

So, yes!  Mr. A and I are officially homeowners!  Can I tell you how strange that feels?  Me, the girl who has lived at 13 different addresses in the last 10 years, is now in a house that (Lord willing) I'm going to be in for the foreseeable future.  I have a dining room table (actually, the one I grew up with).  I have recliners in my living room.  We're choosing paint colors for the walls!

I've been slowly realizing just how many of my house-habits are based on moving every year.  I buy a certain kind of shelf liner for the kitchen because it's easier to roll up and take to the next house.  I don't cut the shelf liner to a custom size unless I have to because it might fit differently in the next kitchen.  I pack everything in carefully labeled boxes and then store those exact boxes after unpacking so I know how to pack things for the next house.  I have plastic totes specifically for packing my kitchen dishes so they don't get broken in the moves between houses.

I keep saying, "No, Mother, do it this way because..."   "Never mind.  That's fine. We can do it that way.  I'm not moving in a year."


My sister-in-law-to-be Sarah snapped photos at our family Christmas in Kansas in December.  Here's a photo of Mr. Amazing, myself, and Mr. Wiggly. :)  Enjoy!

No comments: