Sunday, May 08, 2011

Goodbye for Now (for Mothers and Daughters)

To my family, who lost a grandmother.  To my friends Sharon and Michelle, who lost their mothers.  And to my friends Loreena and Lacie and Sarah, who have lost little ones.  And to so many others not mentioned here.  Aren't you glad we have a time when we get to see our loved ones again?  Thinking about you on this Mother's Day.  And praying, sorrowing, and rejoicing with you!

I can't believe that you're really gone now
Seems like it's all just a dream.
How can it be that the world would go on
When something has died within me?

Leaves will turn, my heart will burn with colors of you
Snow will fall, but I'll recall your warmth

Summer wind, breathing in your memory
I'll miss you

But there will be a time when I'll see your face

And I'll hear your voice and there we will laugh again.
And there will come a day when I'll hold you close
No more tears to cry, 'cause we'll have forever

But I'll say goodbye for now.

"Goodbye for Now" by Kathy Troccoli

2 comments:

Marcie Kaup said...

Beautiful Dorinda. I loved it

D said...

It does describe it well, doesn't it? So much to look forward to, even when facing pain in this life. Someday... we'll get to see them and hold them. :)