Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stirring up gifts - without fear

We're all familiar with 2 Timothy 1:7 which tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, of power, and of a sound mind. What caught my attention this weekend while listening to 2 Timothy on mp3 was the combination of verse 6 and verse 7. What does Paul tell Timothy in verse 6? He says to "stir up the gift of God that is in you."

What gifts or calling has God given me? Am I not using them because of fear? In my case, yes. I had to stop and ask what the Lord was asking me to do and remind myself to do that without fear. God has given us a spirit of love, power, and a sound mind. He says it. I get to believe it. (Oh, Lord, help me believe!)

On regular news: my interns got back from India yesterday about 6pm. They went straight to bed last night and slept almost non-stop until 3 this afternoon. I napped, read, visited Auntie Candy, watched Mulan with a friend, took a bike ride with Jes this afternoon (to make sure she was tired enough to sleep tonight), and am now catching up electronically.

Auntie Candy had surgery Friday to repair a torn rotator cuff. So when I visited her and her sister Jacy, she was hooked up to a fancy cooler ($250!!) that was running cold water to the shoulder aircast.

Candy: "My last cooler motor died after only two surgeries and they wouldn't repair it. They made sure to tell me this one only had a 6 month warranty."

Jacy: "My rice cooker has a longer warranty than that!"

No comments: