Wednesday, July 04, 2007

5-K Completed!

Sara and I successfully completed the Liberty 5K run/walk this morning. And we knocked our time down to 38 minutes! I didn't like how the finish line was set up -- you couldn't see where it was until you came around a corner and it was less than 50 yards away. It's sometimes hard to believe that phrase "keep running, you're almost there" until you see the finish line for yourself.

I guess that's how life is too, sometimes. We don't know what finish line God has for us -- we just have to keep pushing as hard as we can.

I found out later that my mother and father ran the 5K in their small KS town. Comparing times, Dad finished about 12 minutes ahead of us and Mother finished about 6 minutes behind us. Way to go, Mother and Daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your running buddies.:)LT