- Sharing the ride up and back with my cousin L.
- Enjoying an unexpected late night heart-to-heart time with my grandmother (I love you!)
- Sharing 1 bathroom with 9 people
- Listening to the familiar creak of the basement steps
- Trying to sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and being reminded where the creaky spots are in the upstairs steps.
- Ad-libbing through "emcee" opportunities at the open house
- Seeing the baby calves
- Seeing servant hearts in action in family friends (Thanks, Bob and Becky!)
- Staying up until 3am talking with family
- Having dad's biscuits and gravy
- Singing "The Love of God" with C and J and Grandmother at the piano.
Monday, March 05, 2007
To Kansas and back
I took a three day weekend to Kansas for an open house in honor of my sister's marriage. It was a short three days, but an excellent time. Memorable events and highlights: