Monday, March 05, 2007

To Kansas and back

I took a three day weekend to Kansas for an open house in honor of my sister's marriage. It was a short three days, but an excellent time. Memorable events and highlights:
  • Sharing the ride up and back with my cousin L.
  • Enjoying an unexpected late night heart-to-heart time with my grandmother (I love you!)
  • Sharing 1 bathroom with 9 people
  • Listening to the familiar creak of the basement steps
  • Trying to sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and being reminded where the creaky spots are in the upstairs steps.
  • Ad-libbing through "emcee" opportunities at the open house
  • Seeing the baby calves
  • Seeing servant hearts in action in family friends (Thanks, Bob and Becky!)
  • Staying up until 3am talking with family
  • Having dad's biscuits and gravy
  • Singing "The Love of God" with C and J and Grandmother at the piano.

No comments: