Highlights of the conference (in no particular order):
- Working the registration table all day Friday and welcoming the conference attendees
- Worshipping with 700+ people who all have a passionate heart for missions
- Attending the sessions on Saturday and Sunday without being distracted by extra responsibilities
- Fellowshipping very personally with the GFA sponsors and donors who were there -- hearing their stories and getting to pray with them
- Being reunited with people who have helped me work conferences across the US
- Hearing from the leaders from the mission field
I also met up with Mike and his wife. They were at a missions conference in Wichita, KS in 2002. I was manning the GFA booth and gave them the book Revolution in World Missions. Mike was excited to see me and to tell me just a few of the things that have happened since then - the many missionaries and Bridge of Hope childen that have been sponsored as a result of that one book.
First quote that sticks out in my head from the conf: "Jesus Christ is the only hope for Sri Lanka! Our cry must be, 'Sri Lanka will be saved!'"