Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dalits and McCreery

Three years ago, the girls of McCreery 1st West at Sterling College spent several weeks praying for the Dalit people of Asia to come to know Christ. Even though we didn't hear of immediate results, the results of many people's prayers can be seen in the figures from a recent government census. India reports that some 20 million Dalits have become Christians. You can read about the Dalit's latest prayer need at the gfa.org website as their case for religious freedom goes before the India Supreme Court.

I was privileged to visit with a few of those legendary 1st West ladies this weekend as I made a trip up to Kansas. Thank you for all your prayers! The Lord answered them in amazing ways. Saturday was full-- conversing with college friends and professors, gathering prayer requests, playing Ultimate Frisbee on Campbell Lawn, watching the homecoming musical. Several friends said they would pray about becoming part of my financial support team and I was so grateful they would consider praying about it. God gave much grace as I shared with the Korean Pres. Church on Sunday and they are continuing to be an active part of my support team. Sunday evening I fellowshipped with my family, my grandparents, and my home church. Monday saw me leaving the house at 4AM to return to Dallas for a full day of work. And so I went, rejoicing in the Lord.

Your prayers are a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you on Saturday. I really enjoyed the Ultimate game! Oh, I got to see Geniece also.