Thursday, March 31, 2005

I'm back...

Hello, world! It's Dorinda! The team and myself arrived back safely at the airport about 1:00 yesterday afternoon. I shoud have posted this last night, but jet lag numbed my thoughts. Well, not really. I got home about 3, called my parents, showered, took my 10 rolls of film to be developed, picked up groceries and a photo album, picked up my 10 rolls of film, stopped by Wed. evening services at my home church, visited with my sister for an hour, came home, glanced through my photos and FELL ASLEEP about 9:30pm.

A BIG thanks goes out to Jen for her support and abilty to post even when she had no news from the team. We had internet connection three times while I was there, but never very fast or for very long. The intermittent power supply cut our time short and I allowed the moms on our team to email their kids. They needed to check in at home more than I needed to post.

I am so thankful to each of you for your prayers and support. The prayer requests that Jen mentioned were exactly what we needed and your prayers did make a difference. (i.e. it never atually made it to 100 when we were in Central India.) I look forward to sharing pictures with you and more stories as opportunities permit. For the KC/Manhattan people, I'll be in Lawrence on the morning of the 17th if you can make it!

Excited about posting more,
Dorinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from an awsome adventure. Yes, Jen did a wonderful job while filling in for you. I don't know if I can make it to Lawrence but I will try.