Thursday, August 26, 2004

It was a slower day at the office than the past two days, enabling me to track down some people and get some things taken care of. I worked with TEC on a email problem and we arranged to get a spam filter installed for his email. (PTL!) TEC works with recruiting more staff for our administrative office. He also heads up the radio department - getting one minute and two minute radio spots as well as 27 minute Bro. KP teaching times out to radio stations in the US to help spread the word about what God is doing in Asia.

I came home this evening and made my first oatmeal cake from my mother's favorite recipie. (I have an important dinner Saturday evening.) It baked for 35 minutes. I pulled it out of the oven and said to AJ, "This is when my mother always burns it." I put the coconut and pecan topping and put it back in the oven to broil for a few moments.

Several minutes later, I yelped and scrunched up my face as I removed my blackened coconut cake from the oven.

AJ looked at me and looked at the cake and said: "Like mother, like daughter."

No comments: